NEW YORK/DÜSSELDORF - OCT. 27, 2022 - MTV today announced Ava Max, Bebe Rexha, David Guetta, Gorillaz, Lewis Capaldi and Muse are the first round of global superstars set to perform at the “MTV EMAs” 2022, hosted by Rita Ora and Taika Waititi, live from the PSD Bank Dome in Düsseldorf, Germany on Sunday, November 13th.
- Ava Max - Gathering billions of streams, multi-platinum plaques, award nominations, and acclaim from The New York Times, Rolling Stone, and many more, the international phenomenon projects an unbelievable personal journey into a poignant and punchy pop opus on her 2020 full-length debut album, Heaven & Hell [APG/Atlantic Records]. Her collaboration with producer Cirkut yielded the 2018 triple-platinum smash “Sweet but Psycho,” which streamed over 2 billion times by 2020 and clinched a spot in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100. Ava took home “Best Push Artist” at the 2019 “EMAs,” and is nominated for an EMA 2022 for “Best Collaboration” (“The Motto” with Tiësto).
- Bebe Rexha - The Diamond-selling and two-time Grammy®-nominated New York City native is a musical force to be reckoned with. Her RIAA Platinum-certified debut album Expectations (released June 2018 on Warner Records) contained the Platinum single “I’m a Mess” and global chart-topping smash “Meant to Be” (featuring Florida Georgia Line), now RIAA Certified Diamond and winner of Top Country Song at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards. Bebe, who hosted the 2016 EMAs in Rotterdam, is nominated for an EMA 2022 for “Best Collaboration” (“I’m Good (Blue)” with David Guetta).
- David Guetta - DJ. Producer. Artist. David Guetta is a musical trailblazer and an international icon, widely considered to be the founder of EDM. With 2x Grammys awards, 10x Grammy nominations, 7x UK number 1 singles, over 35 billion global streams and is currently the 4th most streamed artist on Spotify, with over 68M monthly listeners. David is a 2x EMA 2022 nominee for “Best Collaboration” (“I’m Good (Blue)” with Bebe Rexha) and “Best Electronic.”
- Gorillaz - The BRIT and Grammy Award-winning band created by musician Damon Albarn and artist Jamie Hewlett, is singer 2D, bassist Murdoc Niccals, drummer Russel Hobbs and guitarist Noodle. With seven albums to their name, Gorillaz is a truly global phenomenon, achieving success in entirely new and unique ways, touring the world and winning numerous awards. Cracker Island (2023), the eighth studio album from Gorillaz, is coming on 24th February next year, an energetic, upbeat, genre-expansive collection of 10 tracks featuring yet another stellar line-up of artist collaborators. The band is nominated for an EMA 2022 for “Best Alternative.”
- Lewis Capaldi - The Scottish singer-songwriter is making his EMA debut. His breakthrough 2019 single “Someone You Love” was a seven-week Number One and the biggest selling single in the UK that year. The following year it won Song of the Year at the BRIT Awards (while Capaldi won Best New Artist), by which time it had also reached the top of the Billboard charts in the US, and been nominated for a Grammy. It’s the longest-running UK Top 10 single by a British artist ever – and, with 2.3 billion plays, it’s the fifth-most streamed song on Spotify of all time.
- Muse - Muse are Matt Bellamy, Dominic Howard and Chris Wolstenholme. Since forming in 1994, Muse have released nine studio albums, selling over 30 million units worldwide. Muse’s current album ‘Will Of The People’ shot straight to #1 on the UK Official Album Chart, making it the band’s seventh consecutive studio album to top the chart – a run which began back in 2003 with ‘Absolution’. Muse is nominated for an EMA 2022 for “Best Rock. Prior to ‘Will of the People’ their previous album, ‘Simulation Theory’, debuted at #1 in multiple territories and followed their 2015 album, ‘Drones’, which went on to win a Grammy Award for Best Rock Album, the band’s second.
Additional performers and presenters to be announced at a later date.
The “MTV EMAs” 2022 will broadcast live on MTV in more than 170 countries and on Pluto TV in select territories across the US, Latin America and Europe and Comedy Central in Germany on November 13th. It will be available on Paramount+ and Pluto TV globally beginning November 14th.
Fans can vote for their favorites across 17 gender-neutral categories, including “Best Song,” “Best Artist,” “Best Collaboration,” and two all-new categories “Best Longform Video” and “Best Metaverse Performance,” at www.mtvema.com until November 9 at 11:59pm CET.
The “MTV EMAs” 2022 is sponsored by Paramount+.
ABOUT THE MTV EMAs
One of the biggest global music awards shows of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world, the MTV EMAs bring music fans a unique, multi-platform experience across MTV’s global network in more than 170 countries. Follow @MTVEMA on Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Instagram, and join the conversation with #MTVEMA. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers. Debbie Phillips and Chloe Mason are Producers.
For artwork, press assets and further information please visit press.mtvema.com. To stay in tune with all things EMA, follow the show on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook and follow the social conversation using #MTVEMA @MTVEMA.
PR Contacts: Heather Brown (MTV International); Heather.Brown@paramount.com // Claas Paletta (MTV Germany); Claas.Paletta@vimn.com